Sunday, October 20, 2013

About two weeks ago I came home one night to this beautiful young girl crying in the kitchen. Her name is Kara, she's from Portland, she is 20 years old, and she had literally JUST arrived from the airport. This is her first trip out of the country in her life. She was freaking out a little bit...understandably so! I promised her I would show her the ropes, so Kara and I have been stomping around Kampala together for the last two weeks. She has jumped in like a total champ, and felt the same way about the boys in Kisenyi as I do from the first minute she was down there. 

I have been so blessed with such amazing young women on this trip. If you know me you know that my sister Shannon is my heart and soul, and just happens to be the worlds greatest big sister EVER. As Grace, Iz, and Kara have come into my life, my prayer has always been that I will share with them even just one drop of the wisdom, trust, and real true love that my sister has showered onto me over the years. The Lord is rising up His young women to make a mighty army of warriors, I have absolutely no doubt of that...these 3 girls are the proof!








No comments:

Post a Comment